When it comes to grills, there are dozens of kinds to choose from, including natural gas, propane, wood pellets, and charcoal options. Choosing the right grill for your outdoor space involves several considerations to ensure you get the best unit for you and your family. At GRILLNETICS, we specialize in creating custom outdoor cabinetry, grill and cabinet packages, and designs throughout the United States, as well as from Southern California to Texas, to the Tri-State area of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. When you’re shopping for a new grill, it is important to consider the following factors.
- PRICE: Grills can range in price from a few hundred dollars to thousands. When shopping for grills, it is important to go into it with a budget in mind. Having a budget will help you narrow your focus and find an option that fits in with your finances.
- FUEL: Grills come in charcoal, wood pellet, propane, and natural gas options, so you should consider which one best meets your needs. Each comes with the regular purchase of fuel, either charcoal or propane tanks, and there is some difference in flavor. There are also some grills that are meant for existing or built-in natural gas line, these types of grills, however, require different kinds of venting and cabinet installation.
- SIZE: Depending on the size of your outdoor space and the amount of food you want to be able to cook at one time, this will help you determine the appropriate size grill for you.
- FEATURES: Different grills come with unique features such as sear zones, infrared burners, glow plug ignition systems, lights, heat deflectors, and even wireless connectivity and apps to monitor time and temperature. Each brand usually carries complementary lines of accessory products to match the grill, like side burners, fridges, kegerators, ice machines, sinks, and storage drawers. Determine and prioritize which of these features you would like and look for grills in your price range that have them.
- DURABILITY: Look for grills that are made with quality materials and parts and ask about their warranty options. Grills made from 304 Stainless Steel in the United States generally have the best warranties, although some grills manufactured overseas meet these same requirements. It’s worth spending a little time to know what the grill is made of. You’ll also want a doubled walled hood. This means the hood of the grill is made of 2 layers of stainless steel – this makes the grill perform better – much like a double pane window better insulates your home. With a quality grill and the right amount of care, your grill will likely outlast the duration of ownership of the house you’re currently in.
Are you ready to enhance your outdoor living area with a custom grill and cabinet package? Contact us at GRILLNETICS to get a free custom design and estimate for your project!